Stupid Round Balls and How /I'm trying/ to Cope

Salutations my fellow hooman beans,


It's been a while since I wrote anything at all, so bear with my grammatical errors or questionable sentence structure, or lack of flow between sentences. /I literally just used two 'or's in a sentence, LEL there goes my writing./ I hope everyone is staying hydrated, sleeping well and eating well. 

I'm sure we all know about the carbonaravirus. And since I've been social distancing for eight days, I just thought I could share some tips on how I /barely manage to/ stay sane during this scary, terrifying period of time.

Since I love lists, I'll be listing it down /yay lists/:
  • First off, don't be so hard on yourself this colonelvirus season. Many people are equally as scared and anxious as you are, trust me. Some days I wake up and it feels surreal that this is happening. It is a lot, and it's okay to feel scared. Let yourself feel, then pick yourself up once you can.



  • Next, set goals first thing in the morning, or the night before. I realised that by setting some goals for the day, I end up being more productive and actually manage to get some stuff done. If I don't, I end up rolling around my room and then proceed to feel bad afterwards for doing nothing the whole day. Even if you don't accomplish all your goals of the day, it's still good to have something to work towards to. Structure, for me, and perhaps for you; can really make you feel like you have control of something. This is reassuring during this uncontrollable outbreak.

  • Move. Do move around, walk around, do home workouts, do yoga, dance, or make dance TikToks. Doesn't matter, most important is to move our bodies, to keep our minds clear, and our bodies strong. /Trips to the kitchen or loo don't count, honey./

  • Definitely pursue one of your hobbies you've been setting aside for months /or even years, if you put the pro in procrastination like me/. Finally, you have all the time in the world to do what you've wanted to do, be it learning how to play the bass, sewing, calligraphy, tabata training, video editing. Now really is the best time to indulge in your passions, and as Shia Lebouf says and I quote "Just do it!1!!!!!!".

  • Last and definitely the least, don't forget to keep in touch with friends and family. Social distancing can make even the most introverted of introverts feel lonely. So, don't forget to dedicate some time out of your day to give your loved ones a call, or even better, video call! Now with game platforms such as Plato, you can even play games with your friends and feel connected that way. 

Wash your hands, stay 2 metres away from each other, and take care, my frens.


Stay naughty,
Mel. /was monkey, still is one/


P.S. This instagram post by @bethdrawsthings regarding this is so wholesome. Please, read it.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

업데이트 (한국어 Ver.)

August 2020